Background

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Super Double Deals



This is a vacation week for me, so I will likely only do one Super Double trip. Today I got 24 items and spent $23.00 and change, so I am happy with that. My items included lots of home supplies like Mr.Clean magic eraser, maxis, and a 24 pack of bottled water. I even bought two things without a coupon but that were on sale and my total was still pretty low. All name brand and I was able to stockpile a few things.

I went to Harris Teeter at Mayfaire this morning around 9:30 a.m. and grabbed some deals. Some things were already out (Bounty Paper Towels- free from the P&G insert this month), but many other deals were there.


I am noticing higher prices. Sometimes this happens during Super Double weeks; less sales occur. I don't know if it is that or if this is general grocery price inflation. Either way, I got less freebies but more items that were deeply discounted. I still only paid $.50 or less for many items, but again, the freebies were not as plentiful. 


I want to note that Crest toothpaste this week is .50 if you have any $1 off coupons; there was one in the P&G newspaper insert and also if you earned the P&G $140 coupon book, there were Crest coupons in it. The toothpaste was on sale for $2.50 each, so after double coupon it was only $.50. This was a good deal, considering that the boxes I grabbed had $10 worth of coupons inside! Look closely because I almost grabbed a box without the coupons that was identical.


Also, don't forget to click your digital coupons at Harris Teeter, from your VIC email. I uploaded a lot of digital coupons and saved $.75 off of Crest (this made my toothpaste almost free), and I also got free Turtles candy after my digital coupon and paper coupon.


Pepperidge Farm Crackers (specialty ones) are on sale for $2.50; after $1 off this makes them only $.50 a box or bag. 


I also got Gain Dish Detergent for free, using the $1.00 off coupon from my P&G $140 coupon booklet.


I got a free 6 pack of Deer Park Water after using a $1.00 off coupon; I had to first buy a 24 pack, which happened to be on BOGO for $3.74.


Danimals were $.50 after $1.00 off coupons and Colgate toothpaste was free after using a $1.00 off coupon, since the toothpaste was on sale for $1.99.


Breakstone Sour Cream dips were on sale for $1.99 and I had two coupons for $1.00 off, so those were free. If you came to my workshop on Saturday, I gave out many of those coupons, so be sure to look for that deal!


Finally, I got three lunchables for $.15 each after using a $1 off coupon. Always Maxi Pads were also a good deal, as were Playtex tampons; I believe I paid around $1 or so after coupons. 


All in all, I paid $23.64 for everything in the picture. Not bad at all!


If you need any of the coupons I mentioned, use my coupon database to search their source. Unfortunately, I cannot remember where all of my coupons came from but hey, that's what the database is for!

No comments:

Post a Comment